It is a requirement that all learners MUST provide suitable identification to be able to undertake any SIA license linked security course and sit the required examination and assessment. Any individual who fails to provide the required identification will not be permitted to undertake the course examinations or assessment and no refunds shall be given. It is therefore imperative that learners read and understand the requirements to be able to undertake a SIA license Linked Security Qualification.
Group A documents
You need to provide 1 document from group A.
- a passport that is signed, current, and valid
- a driving licence photocard issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in the UK
- a driving licence photocard and its paper counterpart issued by the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) in Northern Ireland
- a UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- a UK biometric residence permit card
Group B documents
You need to provide 2 documents from group B. Each of these documents must show your current address.
Unless we say otherwise, we will not accept 2 of the same type of document. For example, we will not accept 2 council tax statements. we will only accept 1 council tax statement and 1 document of a different type.
We will accept:
- a bank or building society statement from the last 3 months (we will accept 2 statements, but only if they are from different banks or building societies)
- a utility bill from the last 3 months (we will accept gas, electric, telephone landline, water, satellite TV or cable TV bills but not mobile phone bills)
- a credit card statement from the last 3 months (we will accept 2 statements, but only if they are from different credit-card providers)
- a council tax statement from the last 12 months
- a mortgage statement from the last 12 months
- a letter from the last 3 months from any of the following:
- HM Revenue and Customs
- the Department of Work and Pensions
- a Jobcentre Plus – or any other employment service
- a local authority
- a P45 or P60 tax statement from the last 12 months
- a paper version of a current UK driving licence (not the paper counterpart to a photocard)
- a driving licence photocard issued by the DVA in Northern Ireland (not the paper counterpart)
- a pension, endowment or ISA statement from the last 12 months
- a valid UK firearms licence with photo